Organize your service items with custom printed serviceable hang tags from St. Louis Tag. Serviceable items being received, stored, issued or shipped must be identified and tagged with a certification message stating that the item is new, overhauled or repaired.
Serviceable tags can be fitted with the following features:
- Custom pre-printed text or blank fields to write in detailed information – such as "part no.," "serial no.," "rejected for," etc. – right on the surface of smudge-resistant tags, with pen, pencil or marker
- Variety of material options, including weather-proof Tyvek and Vinyl
- Perforated, tear-off receipt stubs and sequential numbering for easy cataloging, identification, and tracking
- Reinforced fiber patches or metal eyelets at the point of attachment to ensure good pull strength and added durability
- String or wire attachments for easy tagging and display
- Visit our Custom Tag Services page for a full list of our custom tag capabilities
Serviceable hang tags are not limited to the aircraft industry – they can be applied and used for many company programs or processes that need these requirements. At St. Louis Tag, we specialize in creating custom printed serviceable tags to help increase the effectiveness and productivity of your service department.
Typically speaking, “serviceable” is an FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) term, which means that aircraft parts and related items tagged with this term have been repaired as needed, have been tested according to the manufacturer's procedure, and have met the manufacturer's performance specifications. Material condition tags were initiated by the US Armed Forces to categorize aircraft parts and materials according to their airworthiness status. The system utilizes color-coded hang tags for quick and easy identification of part conditions. Often in the aircraft industry, many serviceable, repaired or overhauled parts are returned from repair departments with a yellow, color-coded tag; however, the term “yellow tag” has no real formal meaning or value to specific serviceability status.
View the gallery above to see a selection of serviceable hang tags we have created or Contact Us for more information.